Bus Rapid Transit vehicles drivers regularly experience delays, stoppages, and even bunching at stops, which creates longer wait times, decreases transit ridership, and drives higher fleet maintenance costs. But what if the Bus Rapid Transit vehicle could request an extended green light to cross an intersection?
Innovative GPS-based Transit Signal Priority (TSP) solutions extend the green traffic signal indication for bus rapid transit drivers, helping to:
- Keep bus rapid transit vehicles on schedule,
- Increase dependability and ridership,
- Increase air quality,
- Increase efficient dispatching,
- Decrease pollution, smog and transit vehicle idling,
- Decrease transit fleet fuel and maintenance costs.